We take the protection of your personal data very seriously when you use these web pages. We will here inform you about the collection, processing and use of your personal data when you visit these web pages and use the services they offer.
1. Information on personal data
(1) Personal data are defined as individual information that refers to a person or may be used to establish a link to a person, e.g. name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, banking details, etc. Personal data may possibly be used to infer the identity of a person.
2. Responsible body and contact details
(1) The service provider and responsible body, pursuant to § 13 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), is WALTERWERK KIEL GmbH & Co. KG, Projensdorfer Str. 324, 24106 Kiel, Germany.
(2) The body responsible for the collection and processing of personal data on this website, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is the management of WALTERWERK KIEL GmbH & Co. KG, Projensdorfer Str. 324, 24106 Kiel, Germany.
(3) You may contact the data protection officer of the responsible body, Mr Malte Burgmann, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Rights to information, correction, deletion, transferability, revocation, complaint
(1) You have the right at all times to demand that we provide information about your data in our possession, its origin, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom this data will be disclosed and the purpose of its storage.
(2) You have the right to correct your data and the right, as per the pertinent General Data Protection Regulation, to delete or restrict processing of your data or object to processing for reasons relevant to your particular situation, for example.
(3) You have the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data you may have sent us in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
(4) You may at all times revoke the consent you may have given to the use of your data. Your revocation will have no effect on the legality of processing carried out with your consent prior to revocation.
(5) You at all times have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority in your federal state.
(6) Please e-mail any requests for information or objections to data processing to email@example.com or to the address given under Point 2, para. 2.
4. Automated decision-making
(1) No automated decision-making is used here.
5. Storage of access data when visiting this website
(1) Access data will be stored in a log file on our provider's server every time you access our website.
(2) This data record may, for example, comprise your IP address, the date and time of the request, the name of the requested file, the amount and access status of transferred data, a description of the web browser and operating system used and the name of your internet service provider.
(3) These data will be collected for technical reasons. Evaluations will take place exclusively for statistical purposes and excluding personal references (number of visitors and page popularity). Your IP address will be rendered unrecognisable after 7 days. All log entries will be deleted after 9 weeks.
(4) Our website includes a page with job postings. We must point out that the transmission of application documents via e-mail is unencrypted. There is a risk that the information will be read, stored, changed or used by unauthorised third parties. We have no control over the inherent risks of unencrypted transmission. You are welcome to post your application to us by mail to reduce such risks. You may alternatively also send us an encrypted PDF document and communicate the corresponding password by phone. Your application documents will be forwarded to the responsible department internally and stored for the duration of the application process. Your data will be deleted after expiry of the statutory deadlines.
The officer responsible for processing the information will collect and process the personal data of applicants as required for the application process. These data will be processed on the basis of § 26 para. 1 sentence 1 BDSG [Federal Data Protection Act] (motivation of employment).
Should the officer responsible for processing not conclude a contract of employment with the applicant, the application documents will automatically be deleted five months after receipt of the application, unless this is contrary to any other legitimate interests of the officer responsible for processing. Other legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 f may, for instance, include a duty to provide evidence in court under the German Non-Discrimination Act (AGG).
6. Collection of personal data during informational use
(1) With the exception of the data mentioned under 5.2, i.e. technical data your browser transmits to enable visits to the website, we collect no personal data when the website is visited for information only, i.e. when you do not log in or register to use the website or in other ways offer us information.
(2) Cookies will be stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files with data on your browser that are stored on your hard drive in order to provide the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are here used only to render the website as such more user-friendly and effective.
The consent data (consent and its revocation) will be stored until the browser cache is emptied
7. Use and functionality of our website
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we also offer various services you may use should you be interested. You will for this purpose generally need to provide additional personal data which we need to offer the respective service. Additional voluntary information which may be required will be marked accordingly.
(2) We will store your e-mail address and possibly your name, telephone number and message when you contact the responsible body by e-mail or via the contact form, allowing us to respond to your enquiry.
(3) Companies within the EU/EEA who process data on our behalf may, in addition to the responsible body, also receive data; such companies will be strictly bound by our instructions (commissioned data processing). Your data will, if necessary, be forwarded within our group of companies for processing. The group of companies includes:
- WALTERWERK KIEL GmbH, Projensdorfer Str. 324, 24106 Kiel
Data will not be passed on to third parties for independent processing.
(4) The data will be deleted after completion of the processing order unless a legal obligation exists to retain the data for a retention period. Processing of the data will then be restricted and the data will be deleted after expiry of the retention period.
8. Use of Videolyser
Our website uses the Videolyser video service as provided by Christian Eckardt, Kirchtal 5, 37431 Bad Lauterberg.
Videolyser uses the following data to record video and traffic data used:
“Our log files will store, among other, the IP address, the browser, the time and date and the system which visitors to the site are using. We will store only anonymised IP addresses of visitors to our website. Web servers will implement this by always storing not the actual IP address of a visitor, e.g. 22.214.171.124, in the log file, but rather 123.123.123.XXX, where XXX is a random number between 1 and 254. No link to the actual person is therefore possible.” Source: https://www.videolyser.de/artikel/dsgvo-videolyser
Our website needs the Videolyser to play the linked videos. Since this is necessary and the IP addresses are anonymised, explicit user consent is not required (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR (balance of interests)).
9. Use of Matomo
Our website uses the Matomo open-source software tool. Matomo will not transmit data to servers we do not control.
The obtained analysis data will be deleted again after 6 months.”
Revocation of your consent
You may at any time revoke your consent to processing of your personal data. Revocation of consent can never be retroactive. The legality of processing cannot be retroactively corrected. Simply send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your right of revocation.
You may revoke your consent to the use of certain services on this website via our content management tool. To do so, click on
Note on lack of confidentiality during Internet communication
Please note that complete confidentiality and data security cannot be guaranteed where normal communication via the Internet (e.g. by e-mail) is unencrypted. We therefore recommend sending confidential information by post.
Liability for content
The content of our web pages was created with the greatest of care. Yet we cannot be held liable for the correctness, completeness and currency of the content. We, as service providers, are responsible by law for our own content on these web pages pursuant to § 7 (1) of the German Telemedia Act (TMG). According to §§ 8 to 10 TMG we are not, however, obligated as a service provider to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to investigate circumstances indicating illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information in accordance with general laws remain unaffected thereby. Liability in this respect is, however, limited to after that point in time when concrete infringement of the law became evident. We will immediately remove any content should we become aware of such infringement.
Liability for links
Our web pages may contain links to external third-party websites with content we cannot control. We cannot therefore accept any liability for such external content. The respective provider or operator of linked web pages will always be responsible for their content. The linked web pages were checked for violations of the law at the time of linking. No illegal content was identified at the time of linking. Permanent monitoring of the content of linked web pages is, however, unreasonable unless concrete indications of an infringement exist. We will immediately remove any links should we become aware of any infringements on the linked pages.